Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Video issues

This game seems to want to run but there is a lot of Video corruption in the main menu. The Cutscenes do not play on my machine and the game runs at about 2 FPS, it is also Upside down on mine. Also, I am running this on not so mac hardware so if anyone has a real mac and wants to test this but doesn't have the cd, please let me know.

I have just tried installing the game and have got some of the problems you mentioned. I had some problems installing the game on a Windows XP machine so it seems to be the age of the game more than anything. I will keep at it and see if there are any tweaks I can do to get it working and let you know.

Seems trying to fix it only makes it worse. Don't think there is any way to run it unless there is a windows 95 update to crossover.
Oh well, guess you can get the sequel Jedi Outcast instead.

Also seeing video issues; running in a small window in one corner, although the game runs fine in all resolutions tried. Interestingly, the cut-scenes run much better in MPlayer, though there's stuttering in the audio every-so-often.

This is running CrossOver Games 8.0 with Snow Leopard (10.6.1, or Build 10B504), using the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT in my 2.93 GHz 17-inch MacBook Pro which has 4 GB of RAM.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGNCc1ZDdG1QaFptdFFIayIsImdkcHIiOjB9