Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can anyone help me out?

If anyone knows hot to get this working on crossover... can you walk me through it on aim or something because i'm lost...

1. Open Crossover
  2. Open The Program Menu and Run Command
  3. type regedit on the bottle Left 4 Dead is installed on and run.
  4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/
  5. Double click on useGLSL
  6. Change disabled to enabled
  7. Click OK and close regedit

Run Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead will run but not well. Five frames per second. Left 4 Dead will never work on Mac OS X until Apple supports GLSL in their drivers. You may wanna change useGLSL back to disabled once your done with Left 4 Dead since it might effect other games. The game in theory should run very well in Linux with a Nvidia Card.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSExnblQ4NXJ2TmNDVExCdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9