Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

playable on RH5 w/ crossover 7.1.0

running RH5 x86_64, NVIDIA quadro FX4500 with latest NVIDIA drivers

left4dead is playable using low graphics settings (the same drivers allow high settings on TF2 and HL2EP2). frame rates aren't great, but good enough to enjoy the game. I have run into a bug that hangs the game when changing levels.

anyone else with a (quasi) success story? or tips on tuning the settings on linux?

I know very little about the Source engine on Linux. I've been reading and framerates aren't great overall in WINE for most people.

Hello,

L4D is also playable here (gentoo with crossover 7.1.2), but the framerates are really very low. If you add

+mat_hdr_level 0

to the game properties/set launch options in your steam games list you get very decent framerates but you loose all light and shadow effects in the game and all the spooky atmosphere and that's too bad about the game.

Greetings 😉

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmM4NnpnVlc2Y2VNMnBadCIsImdkcHIiOjB9