Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GLSL and Left 4 Dead - Lets get it working

What can we as users do to force Apple's hand on getting GLSL support in.

Can you, the Crossover Staff, please make some kind of campaign that gets ALL crossover users in the community who want it to do X, Y, and Z. You have an untapped army here you aren't using.

It's time we get DX 9 up in TF2 and new games like Left 4 Dead if possible. Thats the primary complaint on every forum across the land. "Crossover sucks because its slow and everything looks ugly... just bootcamp it or use Fusion." There are arguments abound with that statement but the simple fact remains - the graphics do suck.

Just tell us who to yell at our who to call daily until its fixed and you could prolly have 300-400 people doing it.

Apple is slow and lazy and isn't going to fix things like this without pressure.

I agree but apple isn't too kind on taking pressure.

David Drahos wrote:

I agree but apple isn't too kind on taking pressure.

Crossover has a HUGE userbase that could put pressure on Apple. A domain with a good petition would do the job.

I'm sick of apple's bull**** on not caring about its user base. The least they could do is work on this necessary issue.

I had hopes after Blizzard started pushing for this a few months ago, but so far not much has happened ☹️

Couldn't the developers who want this just inquire together? As well they might have it in Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" since they're overhauling under the hood a lot of stuff.

I'm hesitant to suggest pressuring Apple. However, what you might do is go to http://www.apple.com/feedback/ and write a polite request that they work to improve their GLSL implementation. If you couch it in terms of a list of the cool games you're eager to play, and that you understand that their GLSL implementation is what's standing in the way, that might be the most motivating and non-harassing.

And if this comes back around, I take the blame. I didn't consult my employers before writing this. 😎

Honestly this is taking way too long. I have awesome hardware ready to roll but crossover won't support my new macbookpro unibody for Left 4 Dead!

agreed. and I can't blame apple drivers since I got L4D running on OS X via a Cider port w/ much better framerates (Read: Playable) than on CXG. I just want steam support though so I can play multiplayer..

I thought the new models of imac and mac pro had directx 9 or 10. Must of been mistaken.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibktiZmdiVmdNUGFKYXYyWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9