Left 4 Dead

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Working very well
Loïc AMBROSINI
Loïc AMBROSINI
Posted 2008-12-11 14:59
Left4Dead is working well on an XP bottle. Just run "regedit" firt to create :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/useGLSL = " enabled"

Only this and not :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/offscreenRenderingMode = " fbo"

because the screen is upside down with this.

Launch the game with thoses parameters :

-novid -window -console (if you want to enable ingame console)

Setup the video options to "low" and disable "shaders".

The game will look great
Alex DeWolf
Alex DeWolf
Posted 2008-12-25 14:18
Thanks worked great.
Alex DeWolf
Alex DeWolf
Posted 2008-12-25 23:02
Well this killed the performance on Half Life 2, so I put it back to disabled and HL2 went back to great performance.
Christoph Dolezal-Brandenberger
Christoph Dolezal-Brandenberger
Posted 2009-02-16 16:28
It is working. But the performance - using a MAc with the ATA 1600 - is a disaster. It is not playable. From what a read this has more to do with the apple driver of the video card..... can this be fixed by the codeweaver team or do we really have to hope for apple to update the driver?
Jonathan Nguyen
Jonathan Nguyen
Posted 2009-02-18 19:02
Christoph Dolezal-Brandenberger Posted:
It is working. But the performance - using a MAc with the ATA 1600 - is a disaster. It is not playable. From what a read this has more to do with the apple driver of the video card..... can this be fixed by the codeweaver team or do we really have to hope for apple to update the driver?

what about 9400m?

--just tried it, menus and everything load up and work great but the game is only running at 10FPS even with all low settings and low resolution lol w/ 9400m, must def be a driver issue something
mc_ford
mc_ford
Posted 2009-03-23 21:40
dude can you make a video on this i do not understand the launch game part please
Hansi
Hansi
Posted 2009-04-02 11:41
hi folks
try command "mat_queue_mode 2" in console. Maybe you get more FPS. Plz post your results.
Ryan Hobbs
Ryan Hobbs
Posted 2009-07-19 18:47
Hey Loic glad it worked out for you I think I could do the same thing I just don't get how to make an XP bottle and run regedit to those HKEY settings.
Could you give a hand on that?
Ryan Hobbs
Ryan Hobbs
Posted 2009-08-15 21:50
IT got rid of the black screen for me but I still dont have any menu text. Do i need to delete steam and reinstall it into the winxp bottle?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==