Left 4 Dead

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

No text in menus
Thomas Brunoli
Thomas Brunoli
Posted 2009-01-05 20:22
Hi everyone. I'm new here.
Been using crossover for a year or so now. I remember when getting orange box going i needed to use the tf2 alpha hack to get portal and tf2's menu text to show up. I have the same problem with l4d, but i see it doesn't use the hl2 executable so i don't know how to apply it. Has anybody got a fix to this problem or a better way?

Thanks in advance!
Ken Thomases
Ken Thomases  Staff Member
Posted 2009-01-09 20:31
The hack isn't even supported in our code, anymore.  We definitively identified and fixed the bug that was causing that problem.  So, whatever is going on with Left 4 Dead is something different, I'm afraid.
Thomas Brunoli
Thomas Brunoli
Posted 2009-01-18 02:49
well that's a giant PITA. Whn i get my new imac, i'll see how i go
Ken Thomases
Ken Thomases  Staff Member
Posted 2009-01-23 17:42
The issue seems to affect Macs with Nvidia GPUs specifically.  There's a particular OpenGL extension which, when we don't use it, the text shows up... but the game crashes when you enter it.  We're still investigating.
k3lit0
k3lit0
Posted 2009-01-27 02:42
I'm having the same problem, everything works fine in the latest crossover games but Left 4 Dead has no menu.  I heard that if someone invites you to a game or you click join game it works, but I haven't had an opportunity to try that yet.

Please fix soon! Thanks.
Thomas Brunoli
Thomas Brunoli
Posted 2009-02-01 04:32
it's weird, because i don't have an nvidia mac. I have the original 20" Core duo imac with a radeon x1600.
Dga
Dga
Posted 2009-04-11 16:55
Hi guys,

Any ETA please ?

Thanks.
Kaoro
Kaoro
Posted 2009-05-01 10:20
Yeah, trying to play Left 4 Dead since it's free today, and I am taken to a screen that I am assuming is the main menu. Problem is that the menu isn't there, but I can hear it click if I move my mouse over certain regions.

There is a workaround, yeah? It's been ~3-4 months. Or is this a problem with Apple's drivers?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==