Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No text in menus

Hi everyone. I'm new here.
Been using crossover for a year or so now. I remember when getting orange box going i needed to use the tf2 alpha hack to get portal and tf2's menu text to show up. I have the same problem with l4d, but i see it doesn't use the hl2 executable so i don't know how to apply it. Has anybody got a fix to this problem or a better way?

Thanks in advance!

The hack isn't even supported in our code, anymore. We definitively identified and fixed the bug that was causing that problem. So, whatever is going on with Left 4 Dead is something different, I'm afraid.

well that's a giant PITA. Whn i get my new imac, i'll see how i go

The issue seems to affect Macs with Nvidia GPUs specifically. There's a particular OpenGL extension which, when we don't use it, the text shows up... but the game crashes when you enter it. We're still investigating.

I'm having the same problem, everything works fine in the latest crossover games but Left 4 Dead has no menu. I heard that if someone invites you to a game or you click join game it works, but I haven't had an opportunity to try that yet.

Please fix soon! Thanks.

it's weird, because i don't have an nvidia mac. I have the original 20" Core duo imac with a radeon x1600.

Hi guys,

Any ETA please ?

Thanks.

Yeah, trying to play Left 4 Dead since it's free today, and I am taken to a screen that I am assuming is the main menu. Problem is that the menu isn't there, but I can hear it click if I move my mouse over certain regions.

There is a workaround, yeah? It's been ~3-4 months. Or is this a problem with Apple's drivers?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNE1iVzROZ1VOaFhVd2R5OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9