Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

So close to gold

I have L4D running in almost in gold in an xp bottle. It runs best when it is installed ALONE IN ITS BOTTLE. installing ANYTHING else broke L4D to where it dosent work at the menus. The only thing that is stoping me from rating this app as gold it frame rates at 15 when on xp (same hardware) i can get 50. However this might also be realted to nvidia's linux drivers.

BTW this is an unedited bottle, i havent messed with regedit and GLSL thing (what is this) or the fbo.

sorry confused, you get 50fps on XP or linux?

Sorry for the confusion, 15 on Linux, 50-70 on xp

The reason for slow fps on Linux is partly on the drivers.

The other part would be on Wine and l4d itself...sadly.

cause l4d uses advance hl2 engine...or something like that....
And Wine it self has troubles trying to manage video memory,,

Sam! wrote:

The reason for slow fps on Linux is partly on the drivers.

The other part would be on Wine and l4d itself...sadly.

cause l4d uses advance hl2 engine...or something like that....
And Wine it self has troubles trying to manage video memory,,

Left 4 Dead uses the newest source engine. Not to be confused with the hl2 source engine that is outdated.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNDRHRUVFNDlMOEtTYmNrbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9