Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

REGEDIT not working?

Hey,
I have been trying to get L4D to work and I've hit a few snags. I did a fresh install of steam, downloaded L4D inside steam (so inside the same bottle) and it worked fine until the loading screen. After the loading screen, the game crashes and shuts down.
I have tried to use the tips and tricks mentioned but to my dismay my HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D folder doesn't exist. I click on Wine and there is no Direct 3D folder or anything. Have I installed something wrong? Where do I get direct 3d?
Thanks,
-Patrick

If you're using a Mac, that key should exist. It's possible your bottle got corrupted somehow, although since it's relatively new that seems unlikely.

Otherwise, you can just create it. You can create keys by selecting the parent key first, and then choosing Edit > New Key.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZjlkZXZVc3U0ZnJzRmVQTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9