Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

L4D Update

L4D came out with a new mode, (very fun btw), but it seems to have made L4D incompatible with Crossover Games. I can't even get into the old modes. Is anyone having this problem?

Just tried this today - it looks like the update crushed the game. I do not see the FMV for the Valve loading screen, or the game intro. Then I get the background animation for the menu (the new one with the lighthouse), and no menu is visible.

There was no way out of the application at this point (as far as I know). I had to shutdown my MacBook and restart.

Eric: You can hit Command + Q and quit Crossover Games instead of rebooting.

I have also seen some success with installing Left 4 Dead in a bottle by itself to see the menu items. Have you installed anything else in the same bottle?

Thanks for the cmd+Q tip - obviously I'm new at this. :)

That bottle, the very first one I've done so far, contains Steam and Team Fortress2. This was all on a completely fresh install, with no modifications to the wine configuration.

If it helps, I'm running one of the new macbook pro machines in "performance mode".

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSGJNYlVQNzhzNjV1cHM4ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9