Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

See through walls on iMac w/ 10.6 & CXG 8

Running l4d from Steam on my iMac w/ the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. I'm running 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and CXG 8.0. When I get in to the game lots of textures and objects are visible through items that should be opaque. For example, at the beginning of the No Mercy campaign, the helicopter that flies by seems to go UNDER the tarp, not behind it. Also, Bill's beard is visible through the back of his head.

This is all humorous and can be ignored, but doors and zombies throughout the entire level are all visible, even if there's supposed to be a wall or other object between me and them. Makes it very confusing to play, as I dont know what doors i'm in front of, or what zombies to shoot at.

Any tips?

You could try to set useGLSL = disabled in the registry(see other threads here for details). There's a bug on ATI cards in GLSL where it looses immediate values in the shader(e.g. "gl_Position.z = gl_Position.z 2.0 - gl_position.w" becomes "gl_Position.z = gl_Position.z 0.0 - gl_position.w"). This puts geometry that is affected by this bug right to the near clipping plane, the nearest possible position.

We have noticed this game in earlier builds and added some workarounds, and it was gone for us. So we concluded that it was safe to enable GLSL. Apparently the bug is not gone everywhere ☹️ . We are working with Apple to get this resolved.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTTk1SHVoVVVYNmZtdXU3eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9