Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

L4D too Dark

I play l4d and its great, but it gets very dark to where i can't see a thing. Its just the main game though, the menu runs great and the hud showing the survivors and infected is awesome but the actual game just gets dark when i play. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

You should be able to turn up the brightness in the video options, but its odd that it is only dark for you in game

I tried that already, it helps alittle but it messes up the graphics and it still gets dark with that. Turning up the brightness for me only just lets me see things close up. Its actually better to play without turning up the brightness

Hmm thats odd. What are you system specs and what are you video options set to?

How can i find that out, im not that good with technology so how do i find that out?

All I really need is your video card and what os you are running (Mac or Linux), you video card and your cpu.

On a mac you should be able to find that out by clicking on the apple then about this mac

On Linux "uname -a" and "grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf" should do it.

Im not very good with macs so I don't know if that will show video card type or not

I dont know if this is it but this is what i found. I use a mac.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.29f1
Serial Number (system): W884651NZE2
Hardware UUID: 6937B2C6-AEBD-567A-AFC8-B602EA510A29

Does this help?

Ya your with your serial number and apple.com I found found out your system info. You have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB of GDDR3 memory video card.

From what I know L4D should be running great on your mac. I would open a support ticket about it or email info@crossover.codeweavers.com
Include your Processor Name/Speed, Memory,and Video card info and they should be able to help you out.

My only other idea is to try out some of the things in the Tips and Tricks section (ignore the SDK one)

k thx :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZFFZcktiRkgyaEdBQ2RNMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9