Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 8

How do i update to crossover games 8?

Hi,

Login to your codeweaver's account, go to My Account => My Downloads
If you are entitled to download version 8.0, it should be visible for you to download

It is 'good practice' to archive any existing bottles first, before attempting the
upgrade (just incase anything goes wrong)....

Cheers!

Thanks man! After this do i need to reinstall steam or anything?

Hi again,

Typically, you can download the newest/latest crossover package offering, and when you
launch the crossover installer, it will detect the pre-existing crossover installation,
and 'upgrade' what's there to the latest version. Typically speaking, this all works
just fine...but anything could go wrong during this process...ie; simplest of possibilities
is you have a power blackout during the upgrade procedure...so for these and many other
reasons, it's always advisable to archive the bottles you already have installed "just in
case something goes wrong" -- at least then, you can fallback to where you were before
without any dramas. Very untypically, is the chance a newer version of crossover actually
'breaks' an already existing bottle -- if it does this, many times the effective remedy,
is to do a clean install of the new crossover version, and then 'restore' your previously
archived bottles back into the newer fresh crossover installation -- if you do not take
the time to archive your existing bottles before upgrading, you do not have these kinds
of 'recovery contingencies' to fall back on....

Having said all this, I find most all of the time, that crossover packages update/upgrade
themselves without any incident - I still routinely archive all my bottles before doing so
however, as it is indeed 'good practice' when doing any computer/software/data operations
of this type....

Hope this helps....

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiekdoRnZGZ0c4S0ZLeUZSWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9