Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems with graphics...

I purchased the Steam version of L4D, downloaded and installed it, but when I try to play with the default settings, all I get is a black screen with words (character names, objects).

I tried enabling useGLSL in the registry (as suggested in other threads), but all that did was give me an oval shape filled with pixels and outlines of objects and people.

The main menu (with animated zombies) and loading screens (both the initial one and the poster with characters when you start a game) appear fine.

I'm running COG 8.1.2 on an iMac with the following specs:

Proc: 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo
Ram: 4GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (256MB VRAM)

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe there's a Radeon related fix in CrossOver Games 8.1.3.

Thanks Drew! That update seems to have helped...now to play and see how it goes...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieU5Qc2J1Qms2Q05LY1J3VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9