Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tons of CTDs when playing online

I'll be creating a ticket for this, but has anyone noticed an increased number of crashes when playing online. This has happened to me in Versus and in Survival. Common dumps occur between levels or whenever actually. There is no method to the madness that is the dumping. I've tried the forcing cache preload trigger that helped with problems in Left 4 Dead 2, but it only seemed to make the problem worse. I have the hunk setting in but may not have it correct and will try to tinker with it. Anyone else noticing these behaviors?

FYI: The other thing that occurs is that I'll be disconnected in which it states that it couldn't validate my client with Steam. Could it be a DRM-check fail crash?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWEN0NEF3TWE4UzRUYWJSZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9