Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Everything going wrong!

I'm not sure if this is because of my Mac Mini is too slow to run this game or there are still problems with this game even in CXGames 8.1.4 but I get unbelievably slow fps and there is a strange noise whenever I go outside and the helicopters head light (the one at the start and the one at the mercy hospital) is completely black!?!

It makes me very confused. I would like some advice because the game runs at an almost unbearable speed!

What GPU do you have in your Mac Mini? Also, what version of Mac OS X are you running?

Something to try is to experiment with the UseGLSL setting in the registry. You can use "regedit" to add the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D] key, and then add the "UseGLSL" string value within that. Experiment with setting its value to "enabled" or "disabled" (without the quotes).

Yeah, Intel Integrated. I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks!

The Intel integrated graphics are below the game's requirements. You're not going to get very good framerates from it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWFZYQ1ViUmNlblBDaHprcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9