Left 4 Dead Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Left 4 Dead crashes during loading under Linux

When I had a mac left 4 dead was pretty much a gold app. The game works fine until I start a game, then the loading screen moves a little bit, then the game just crashes and I have to force quit out of it. Is there a fix to it? I'm using catalyst 10.7 and crossover games 9.1.0.

My hardware is:

5870 1 GB
4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955

Distro: Mint 9

It's worth having Steam verify the local game files. If that's not it, it's probably an issue with your GPU and graphics driver, which you don't describe. (And somebody else will have to take it from there, since I'm a Mac guy not familiar with the ins and outs of Linux graphics drivers.)

question...do you use 32 bit linux or 64 bit linux ?

if you do use 64 bit linux..you would also have to install the lib32 equevalent of the libaries needed to get direct rendering..

eg.. (for my case i use nvidia graphic card on 64 bit arch linux ) i need to install lib32-nvidia-utils in order for me to run those games ...

I'm on 32, verifying files worked :D Thanks

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWXpDY3BOZUh0UUJXcFVORyIsImdkcHIiOjB9