Living Cookbook 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

unlock key LC 2015

I'm looking for a unlock key for living cookbook 2015 so I can get my recipes off it, I had to do a windows reset and now I can get my recipes

I have the exact same problem. Reloaded my laptop and then found out that Radium Tech has taken a powder. Just need to get my recipes out. HELP please...

I just found this advice:
"Just FYI for everyone else - the LCB file is just a zip file. If you rename the extension to .zip you'll be able to unzip it. Once unzipped you can go to \ProgramData\Radium Technologies\Living Cookbook\5.0\Database to find a Microsoft Database file. You can download OpenOffice to view it if you don't have MS Access. It looks like the table "t_recipe" holds all the recipe names along with some other fields like the source website. Within that table the "recipeid" column seems to correspond to other tables that have ingredient lists, procedures, etc. So if someone really wanted to they could manually extract data. I'm sure someone that really knows what they're doing could automate something."

If this is accurate information (I do not have this software so I cannot check) then you can navigate to that file within your CrossOver bottle.

Linux: CrossOver bottles are stored in a hidden directory; unless you are familiar with the command line, I would recommend checking the "Show Hidden Files" option in the file explorer. Then you can navigate to home/.cxoffice/your_LC_Bottle/drive_c/...the rest of the path from above

Mac: CrossOver bottles are stored in a hidden directory; unless you are familiar with the command line, you can show hidden files in the Finder by clicking on your main hard drive (Macintosh HD) and then hitting command+shift+. (dot). Then navigate to Users/your_user/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/your_LC_Bottle/.... rest of the path from above. You can hit command+shift+. again when you are done to hide the hidden files once more.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Anna

But the LCB mdb file requires a password.

Anthony,
Did You try the solution below from Anna?
Max

Access PassView 1.12

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/accesspv.html

The password for LC2011 is LC2011Admin
I don't have LC2015 try LC2015Admin

Otherwise Access PassView will read the password.

Hello folks,

I've done the legwork of leaning how to get recipes out of the Access database. Read on...

I've become aware that there are still Living Cookbook users who have their recipes trapped in the software. We know Radium Technologies has stopped supporting the software for a few years now. But I see posts in cooking forums where hard drives fail, or computers are replaced, and folks can't get their software to work anymore because of license key issues.

I have written a free utility called Living Cookbook Rescue which can read one of your Living Cookbook 2015, 2013 or 2011 backup files (.lcb) and then export:
• Files in Living Cookbook's native export format (
.fdx), which can be imported into other recipe software.
• A nicely-formatted Microsoft Word document.
• A plain text file.

The program gives you the option of producing a single, combined file with all your recipes, combined files grouped by cookbook, or individual files, one file per recipe. A combined Word document has a table of contents.

If you don't have a backup file, but your data is still in your Living Cookbook installation, there is a second utility program (FakeLCBackup) which looks for your data files and creates an *.lcb file usable as input.

The installer puts both utilities on your system along with a User Guide.

Living Cookbook 2015, 2013 and 2011 are only supported right now because those are the only working versions I have on any of my systems. The User Guide has an email address to connect with me to see if older versions can be added (I'll need volunteer recipe backup data from those older versions).

Living Cookbook Rescue can be downloaded here: www.livingcookbookrescue.com

If you know anyone with trapped recipes, please spread the word.

Regards,

Jon Templin

Jonas Stax wrote:

Access PassView 1.12

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/accesspv.html

The password for LC2011 is LC2011Admin
I don't have LC2015 try LC2015Admin

Otherwise Access PassView will read the password.

LC2011Admin is the database password for 2015, 2013 and 2011. Lee didn't change it after 2011 for some reason.
2008 has no password. I've not tested 2005 because I don't have that installer.

Jon T.

Using the information from Anna I managed to unzip my backup file and find the Access database.
I found 3 tables that I needed to get the recipe I'd, ingredients and procedure.
I am not in front of my computer right now but they are named like t_recipe, t_recipeingredtent, t_recipeprocedure.
Filter the last 2 tables with the recipe ID No found in t_recipe.
You can then copy and paste into a MSWord document and a 1 minute reformat you have the recipe.
There are also tables for cookbook name and cookbook chapter name if you want to search in a different way.
t_ingredient has all the nutritional information for the ingredients.
My thanks to this forum for giving back access to my Living (now dead) cookbook information.

Do you have a product license number?

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0VnVnJBWkZkTTlDRjJlUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9