Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

LOTRO Installer Fail. Says n/a space available.

Hopefully somebody can help me out, this is getting very frustrating. I can install from CrossTie fine. It creates the bottle and then when the actual LOTRO installer starts, soon after I select my language, it asks me to select the destination folder to install the game to. No matter what folder I select it shows as "Space Available: N/A" and this causes the isntallation to fail.

I took a screen shot of what happens, it can be seen below. What can I do to finish this installation? The issue is not insufficient space, it is going on a 1TB hdd.

Chris Ammond wrote:

Hopefully somebody can help me out, this is getting very
frustrating. I can install from CrossTie fine. It creates the bottle
and then when the actual LOTRO installer starts, soon after I select
my language, it asks me to select the destination folder to install
the game to. No matter what folder I select it shows as "Space
Available: N/A" and this causes the isntallation to fail.

I took a screen shot of what happens, it can be seen below. What can
I do to finish this installation? The issue is not insufficient
space, it is going on a 1TB hdd.

The PMB download is the issue. (The screen shot is of the PMB downloader, not the Turbine Installer.)

/~/library/Application Support/CrossOver/bottle/<bottle>/drive_c/users/crossover/desktop/LOTRO High Res Install Files EN

Is where the downloaded files go. It takes roughly 12gig. Those files are then installed, taking an additional 16 GB of space -- total 28gb.

Check that your drive has not gone read-only. I have LOTRO on an external FW disk, which "routinely" shows up as "read-only." I've never figured out how/when/why that happens. (PyLotRO fails because it can't write its scratch files.) I just use DIsc Utility to unmount/mount the drive and all is happy again.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjV1V1BXVkFwdVFHWUx6QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9