Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RoR Patch.dll

I have a different problem. The update to Riders of Rhohan crashed initially as everyone has reported. When I tried to start the patch process again, I now simply get the message Finished. I suspect that the "patch.dll" file or some other file is corrupted.

Even though RoR doesn't work anyway at the moment, I would like to at least know how to get the update process started again, so if and when there is a fix for Wine/Crossover, I can get back in-game.

Thanks.

If you got through the patch process the first time and then crashed when you tried to login-- you succeeded!

If you hung/crashed part way through patching... simply quit PyLotRO and Crossover. Relaunch them and patch again.
Basically, patchclient.dll is being modified and with the Windows client it will abort and restart itself automatically.
With PyLotRO you usually have to patch multiple times to get the same effect.

PyLotro will simply do a "quick" check (depending on server load) and then print Finished if there is nothing to patch.

There are either 3 or 4 sections to the patch process -- each one contacting Moria.turbine.com:80 -- the patch server.

If the patch server is not busy, it usually only takes 3-4 minutes to check an installation which does not need patching.

If patching is needed one or more of the sections will take a while.

Thanks for the reply. As I recall the patching crashed, but I did not quit Pylotro before trying to restart the patching process. After checking the Forum I exited PyLotro and went through the patching process again. The patching process never ran very long, so I would be surprised that it was complete for an update as big as Riders of Rohan. But since the game doesn't run for anyone under Crossover, there is no way to check.

Perhaps after today's hot patch, the patching will pick up where it left off.

I seem to recall from earlier versions of PyLotro that a file could get corrupted during a patch, but the Forum notes that is no longer a problem. Is that your experience ?

sg

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUlF1TTlma3ZwcTN2M1dzUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9