Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mac client available

The beta link is up and running, off of the main LOTRO download page:

Lord of the Rings Online

Be warned - this is the FULL download (17+ GB), not a Torrent/Pando stub.

Also, just wanted to make a special shout out and thank you to Alan Jackson (PyLOTRO) and William Magill (taking over the boards here). ...without whom the gates to Middle Earth would have been locked to all of us for the past five years.

Now, Codeweavers can focus on Linux compatibility! whipcrack

This is great. I despise Pando, so I don't mind. Yeah, I help on Linux now. Love me some Linux.

The download is available from the main page now. (Original post edited to reflect that)

Mac Client isn't working over here.
Crashes at startup.
Created a ticket with Turbine.
And exchanged (system) information.
But they were not able to fix it (yet).

Anyone have the same problem ?

John Jorissen wrote:

Anyone have the same problem ?

I only played during the beta, but I remember a crash on startup due to Gatekeeper. Try
changing your Gatekeeper settings (in System Preferences - Security & Privacy) to allow
applications from "Anywhere".

After updating to MAC OS X 10.8.2 LOTRO seems to run just fine with the native MAC Client.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUUw0eDR1Z0ZzTVJZd25FTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9