Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

PyLOTRO won't launch

Crossover Mac 11.3.1, OS X 10.5.8. I installed LOTRO using the Mines of Moria DVDs for Windows, using the Lord of the Rings Online Crosstie built into Crossover. Everything installed properly, but PyLOTRO launches, then quits shortly after, showing no screen.

Help?

Launching PyLOTRO from its directory within the C: Drive works. What gives? Why can't I launch it from the shortcut?

Except that was apparently only true from within a sole PyLOTRO installation; when installed as part of a LOTRO installation, it won't launch either way. Sigh.

Maybe you should try the V12 Beta.
Works for me.
Just search the forum.

V.12 is not Leopard compatible, unfortunately, as I understand.

Well. I finally got PyLotRO to launch, by first installing PyLotRO, then installing LotRO into the same Bottle without using a Crosstie, then running the LotRO Crosstie on top of the same bottle to install all the ancillary files (and canceling the LotRO install).

However, it was all for naught. Although PyLotRO will launch, it will not update. I'm guessing that my DVD copy of LotRO (Mines of Moria) is far too old, and won't update properly. Sigh. I was so hoping to avoid the 12-hour download (which crashed on me anyway...).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMjVSOFNTVFI3c2JkdWFNTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9