Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Having problems with running Lotro

What version of crossover is best for linux mint 14?
Where should I download the client from?
I saw there was a better rating for version 12.2.1 so I used that version and then when I went to install the game it seemed to have problems installing the .NET framework.
I first tried the crosstie without any changes and the download froze up.
Then I tried with a fileplanet download and it installed .NET and then i'm guessing the installer messed up the first .NET installation.
It kept coming up with a error about .NET and I had to hit the OK button several times to get the message to go away.
Then when I went to run it- "Mscorress.dll could not be loaded to display the appropriate error message." And it suggested reinstalling the .NET. I tried removing the .NET but it won't let me.
Pylotro doesn't nothing at all when I try to launch it from the launcher list.

I don't know Linux, however... try again now with Crossover 12.5 ... the CrossTie install has been modified and should install with no problems now.

Use the Turbine Launcher rather than PyLotRO to patch and launch.

I ended up following the instructions on the winehq website and got it working that way.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieThwRVp3aGRLM1lLUUVTeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9