Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game does not run

Arch Linux 64bit
Nvidia 560ti

After installing the game through the crosstie file the game does not run either by the normal launcher or Pylotro.
From pylotro after loging in it simply says "finshed"
I have tried installing it through normal wine as well and the result is the same
I tried the tricks with the dll files in the game directory.
I tried reinstalling the various vcrun (except 2003 for which an installer does not exist as it is part of .NET 1.1)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

All I can suggest is visit: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26934

The Turbine Launcher and PyLotRO both do work with Crossover and newer, straight versions of Wine.

Crossover 12.5.0 is based on the stable Wine 1.6 release.

Konstantinos wrote:

From pylotro after loging in it simply says "finshed"

Just realized... are you trying to run a non-english version?

Immediately after entering your userid and password and clicking "login" -- you should be immediately be presented with the EULA and TOS to accept.

Set your client to English, THEN enter your userid and password; Accept the EULA and TOS, then quit.
Re-launch, change to your language of choice (German or French) and you should be good to go.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I am aware that lotro should be running with both vanilla wine and crossover but for some strange reason it does not on my setup.
I went through the forums and followed the suggestions both from here and winhq to no avail.
I am running an english version. In the game folder there are english dats and from pylotro I have selected english.
I see no EULA or anything else. Simply the log window of pylotro saying "finished".
Both vanilla wine and crossover show the same exact behaviour which is suspicious ands leads me to believe that it is not some of the components installed in the bottle as I have used different variations with the same result.

Ok. lets try this...

What exactly happens when...

You enter your userid and password and click "login."
Then what?

The first time you run, It should ask you to accept the EULA and TOS.

Try deleting "UserPreferences.ini" -- wherever it is stored under Linux.

Similarly, you can look at the log files generated by the Launcher -- (where ever they are stored under LInux, I don't know).
OCCASIONALLY, they record something useful -- but usually never record anything about a failure, only "successes."

The file "LotroLauncher.Log" is a cycled log file from the MacClient which records its efforts at patching. It rarely contains anything "exciting." But it records ALL patching activity.
In the Bottle, "Users/Application Data/Turbine" is "PatchClient.log-- I have no idea what/when that is updated.
In the Bottle, "Users/Crossover/Local Settings/Application Data/Turbine is the equivalent to the MacClient log.
Also in that directory is "The Lord of the Rings Online/Launcher/LotroLauncher.log -- which might say something useful, but normally simply repeats the same worthless information.

In the Bottle, "Users/Crossover/Local Settings/Application Data/The Lord of the Rings Online/lotroclient.log -- may show something useful, but usually not.

By the way -- did you notice the "bug report" just last weekend - 27 October, I believe. Off hand I forget the symptoms, but it is a real bug in the current version of Wine.

and also... Crossover 13.0B3 does NOT run LOTRO, but 12.5.1 does.

Which is another way of saying, have you filed a bug report/opened a ticket with Codeweavers Support?

Hi, thank you for trying to help.
When I enter my credentials in pylotro (after having finished patching ) and I click login I am only presented with pylotro's log window that says "finished". Nothing else. Application does not launch at all. No EULA, no nothing. When i try to launch from the regular game launcher, if it finishes downloading the splash screens etc and i click login nothing happens again. Nothing launches.
I did the whole procedure of installing from scratch just to see if I notice anything.
The only thing abnormal thing that occurred was that during the lotro client installation, after the game files were installed and the required packages were being installed, the .net 1.1 SP1 failed to install(just to note that VCruntime completed succesfully after that. )
I tried to install the .NET 1.1 SP1 manually through bottle-applications and through the individual installer i downloaded manually but in both occasions it failed.
This might have something to do with not being able to launch the application.
Can you confirm that you have .NET 1.1 SP1 installed in your bottle? Btw just to say that the regular .NET 1.1 was installed by crosstie successfully.
I still I have not opened a ticket for this, but now that .net 1.1 SP1 installer failed I will, since it is a supported application.
Any thoughts?

Hi,
So, after a lot of messing around I got it to work. Turns out that there were some problem with running lib-32-libgl with my nvidia drivers from an 64bit system.
Installing lib32-libxvmc solved the issue

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVE5LZXlIa3JYYTVlM0N4TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9