Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install with crossover

Hi,

So I actually have LOTRO runnig in Mint 15 using pylotro.

However, my father is also on Mint 15 and is having issues ..

I was wondering if there is any benefits to moving him to a Crossover games install.

If so, please let me know what your experience is regarding with or without using CX vs just pylotro/wine?

Also, if I were to use crossover, would it be necessary to install through Pando or is there a way to launch and run using an existing directory containing all of LOTRO?

Thanks for your time and answers.
Matt

Matthew Hill wrote:

I was wondering if there is any benefits to moving him to a
Crossover games install.

If so, please let me know what your experience is regarding with or
without using CX vs just pylotro/wine?

Also, if I were to use crossover, would it be necessary to install
through Pando or is there a way to launch and run using an existing
directory containing all of LOTRO?

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Theoretically, CX and WINE are "identical." CX 2.5 is WINE 1.6, the release notes for CX 3.0 don't indicate any change in the WINE base.

As for LOTRO ... the directory: "Turbine/The Lord of the Rings Online" ultimately under "drive_c/Program Files/ is the root of all evil.

That directory (Turbine/...) can be copied around or linked to.

If you use Steam to Download LOTRO, it will be in Steam/SteamApps/Common/Lord of the Rings Online/Turbine...

Steam is a much faster download than the Pando download from LOTRO.com
Just use the Steam client to do the download, and then move or link the Turbine directory over to wherever you want it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVFNUEVuVlhzZXpmWFhOcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9