Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Lotro tries to connect to a world, then dies with message.

So a month or so back, LotRO did an update that suddenly stopped my Ubuntu 16.04 install from being able to log in. After searching around a bit online, I found an older post somewhere that said hey, use this 'lotroclient_awesomium.exe' and altered 'TurbineLauncher.exe.config' to get your WinXP and Vista working again after updates that kill them off. And lo and behold, they worked, and for another two weeks, I was able to play. Then the SSG devs did another update of some sort, and suddenly I was right back to being unable to play again, logging in, selecting a world, then going to a black screen with the message

'Connection failed, you do not have the current version of the client installed'.

and a button for me to close the window.

Which might (I don't recall) have been the exact same place it died before. Been unable to play for two weeks now, and not finding anyone online posting about this problem in 2017, and I'm dubious about finding any solutions in posts dating back to 2008. Anyone having the same problem, and find a way to fix it? I'd like to think I'm not going to have to find yet another solution every single time SSG does another hotfix.

Erich

And, of course, 5 minutes after I post here, I finally find a Lotro forum thread with a link that leads me to another post that says, yeah, I do have to do the awesomium and TurbineLauncher thing again, and sure enough it works, and I can log back in again.

For reference, https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7729263#post7729263

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2Z6WVZrdkhmYzVYVFVkVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9