Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Nothing happens after click on "Play" button...

Hello everyone,
I recently downloaded Crossover and tried to run The Lord of the Rings through Cross (I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.02 64bits). The installation went ok (after downloading these 22Gbytes...), I put my Id and password, it went fine, and the differents worlds opened. So I choose one, and then click on "Play" button, it shows "trying to establish connection" message a few secs, and then the windows closes and nothing happens. No more Turbine process is running.

Here are my confs :

--- System ---
CrossOver Linux 15.1.0
Install location: /opt/cxoffice
64-bit OS
Desktop session: ubuntu
Window manager: Compiz
Locale: fr_FR.UTF-8

Contents of /etc/os-release:
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="16.04.2 LTS (Xenial Xerus)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS"
VERSION_ID="16.04"
HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

cxdiag output:
[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="Intel Open Source Technology Center"

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="3.0 Mesa 12.0.6"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2"

[Properties]
"opengl.glsl_version"="1.30"

---Bottle XP---
Microsoft Rich Edit 2.0 and 4.1
Visual C++ 2005, 2005SP1, 2010
HTML Crossover engine
msls31
Uniscribe
Wine Gecko 32bits

Can anyone help me ?

thanks in advance

You don't indicate WHEN this happened.

All of the LOTRO servers were down for an extended maintenance - Wednesday July 19 from 5am to 5pm EDT.
Annoyingly, SSG only posted the downtime notice 12 hours earlier!

On Friday, the business news was also reporting slow network speed issues with Verizon - supposedly only with Netflix streaming, but who knows.

All of which is to say, try again now.

The only other suggestion which might relate is Firewall controls.

I maintain a set of information for the Mac Client on the WIKI. Check the section: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client#The_Mac_Client_Communication_Notes
for info on the Firewall ports that LOTRO uses.

BTW: I should mention -- the fact that you got to the "trying to establish connection" message, means the your LOTRO installation is complete and working correctly.
What was NOT working was your communications link to the Game servers.

LOTRO uses a 2 part startup. The Launcher connects to the Accounting servers and validates your userid and password, and generates a token which is passed along to the Game Client.
Once you select the world, the Launcher has passed control to the Game Client module and begins the communication work to download the starting screens. That is when you failed.

Thank you for your reply,
I just tried to connect 5 mins ago, and had the same behavior : login screen ok, I select a world that appears as active then click on "Play", and window closes. I will follow for advice and look at the firewall config.

Regards,

Still not working, even after configuring TCP and UDP ports on firewall... is there any log I can look at to see what's going on?

Ok consider this thread as closed : it was the same problem as posted by Eric S. Bloodaxe, so the wrokaround using Awesomium version worked fine.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicEczVWVoNUtTUVVZR0FwYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9