Mafia Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Got it to install but now have to deal with flickering black screen

Hi Folks,

I'm a lover of retro games but no longer own a pc. I figured I'd give mac and crossover a try. I own a macbook pro and I'm running the latest release of crossover. After some tweaking I finally got MAFIA to install AND run but I am unable to play. The screen turns black and I am unable to see the game but I can hear it. Sometimes hitting the space key and esc key repeatedly reveals the game, and I am able to see the loading screen. Other than that, it's useless. I feel it's an issue with the video card - NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT but I've got no clue now to fix this.

Desperately seeking a tip or two.

Thanks for reading.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicTk4U3VVZDI3QVV1SHJmdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9