MapleStory Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

nProtect GameGuard problems

Maple Story seems to install fine, but the game will not run until it makes a call to nProtects GameGuard, which it has failed to do thus far. It's Setup.exe program works fine, it's patching program seems to work, but at this point, no go.

Advocate Edit: Firefox should now work fine with Maplestory.

The Gameguard connection for me worked fine for some reason, but there was some delay in its initial connection.

OMG! Please tell me how to install MapleStory properly! Here's what I have done:

1. I went on my PC and downloaded the recent MapleStory client to date and I moved that file over to my MacBook using my iPod.

2. I went to 'install unsupported software' in CrossOver and it ultimately installed MapleStory under the win2000 bottle and it failed before I could even select the file path.

3. I tried starting the installer manually and I installed MapleStory in the win98 bottle and everything went well under it refused to install the GameGuard folder.

4. Now I'm out of luck. I'm not that familiar of this CrossOver so I have no way of troubleshooting well. I doubt my turned on firewall has anything to do with this. And this bottle interface is still a bit sketchy to me. Help!

I got som problems when launching. It didnt start at all. But I'm playing MapleSEA(www.maplesea.com) and i don't know if there is any differens except that is different servers. But i'm redownloading it to try again

I tried to find a way to open Maple Story and here's what I found :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/VxD

It says .vxd can only be opened by Windows 95 and 98, not XP or 2000. I tried to open it with a win98 bottle, but it blocks when it's almost installed. Maybe it takes more than 1 hour ?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiODU1U2ZyNWZhVFZyNVRMTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9