Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Silver award, because ...

I have finished this game now twice under Linux, the second time with the 10.0 release candidate. The only major issue I encountered happened during the character creation screen, but beside from that, the game did not crash, and can be played through. Even the movie sequences made no issue, although the game appeared to be slower than using the Windows version.

btw, I played the Steam version.

Just adding that I, also, have ranked this game as silver.

Installed and ran flawlessly through a Steam bottle. I did have to add the two .dll fixes for the mouse from another thread, but otherwise it's been great and runs beautifully on CXGL 10.1.

I added the amd64 dll's and tried it, but I lost mouse control entirely and keyboard is non responsive at all. cx 10.1.0

Edit: Was using dated dll's, new ones are here, now works great!
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4403;forum=1;msg=87508

This cannot be ranked silver due to the fact that the mouse bug fix does not work under Mac. The game runs but is unplayable under Mac thus the bronze rank. As soon as someone figures out how to run this under mac via a hack or a patch or something then it will be perfectly viable for silver, but remember all rankings are based on how the program perform on all systems not just linux.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlg3WWhraE02U0NnNVRONCIsImdkcHIiOjB9