Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

white screen of death

Reading the other posts, I see that this white screen upon loading is familiar. I can launch the game but then it locks up on this screen. The fix others have recommended is using an older version of crossover games....where do I find this?
I have Mac OSX with the 10 version of crossgames.
I am terribly computer illiterate so a lot of what I have been reading is greek. Any help someone can recommend or did I just waste my money?

Hi,

Login to your Codeweavers account here, and go to the following page ..;

http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/

You will find the older releases of Crossover in the 'Archived Downloads'
area...

Cheers!

thank you so much for the quick reply!
But I think the downgrade killed my computer.... I can't get anything crossgame related to run....including the program itself.
I wish I was better at computers to figure out what happened....

Hi again,

That...shouldn't have happened ; it's quite acceptable to have 2 versions
of Crossover Games installed on the Mac, and it should've worked...hmmm...

What Mac and version of OSX are you running?

Remember, you can always email info@codeweavers.com for official support &
help (these forums are just users helping users), and, do not worry about the
premise of having 'wasted your money' -- Codeweavers have a very good refund
policy if you can't get things to work.

This may be beyond the scope of your experience, but, in such situations I
would remove Crossover (Games) as detailed on the following page;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOfficeMacRemoval

..(yes, I know it's for CXOffice but the procedure is the same, just the names
differ)...and once done, reinstall Crossover Games...

Cheers!

I have OSX Leopard. I think the problem is that the program isn't letting the individual versions stand alone. Whenever I switch from one to the other, it won't let it open unless I update those files into that version. Sadly, no matter what I do, the icon will pop up in my dock but then won't do anything once clicked which is the only way I know to access steam and/or the game.
I think this transfer of files is what's confusing the system. I'm going to piddle with the system for a few more days then bother the poor guys in tech support.

THanks for all your help by the way! You are a great help to the mentally challenged!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkVjQ25WSDhKQ3A0dlVmciIsImdkcHIiOjB9