Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Force-Box reg key helps; but tabbing through menus is difficult on squad selection screen

I'm using the linux version with the latest crossover (version 11).

I had the same mouse issue identified in this forum (can only turn about 45 degrees in the game).

I saw on the wineHQ forums that some users reported better results with the following registry key set:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput
--> MouseWarpOverride
set to 'force' (other values are enable, disable)

Link to that forum posting is here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22364&iTestingId=60243

Does anyone know how to successfully select squad mates with just the keyboard?

Tried tabbing around but only the arrow keys and enter seem to work for squad selection.

John Brown wrote:

I saw on the wineHQ forums that some users reported better results
with the following registry key set:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput
--> MouseWarpOverride
set to 'force' (other values are enable, disable)

Link to that forum posting is here:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22364&iTestingId=60243

...this, should be no longer needed - it was a workaround for the (old) 6971winebug
which is fixed in the new winecore (fixed as of wine-1.3.21 iirc)...

Then the bug I'm seeing must be a regression.

It's possible it's a regression, but have you tried a clean installation of Mass Effect on a clean bottle?

....during my retest, I was almost going to give it gold ; it is
leaps & bounds better than it was - and I had no issues with the
mouse, squad selection, nada... all working just fine...no overrides.
no registry tricks, nothing..a good 'out of the box' experience...

...but then, my testing was in linux ..and the OP here has failed
to identify their platform ; it might be a macos thing...{shrug}..

Linux is my platform. And I am pretty sure this is a regression.

...which linux distro?...

It might be this bug.

I ran into it while messing around with the upcoming ubuntu 12.04.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR0dnN0ptdVBNQ1JIMk1uYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9