Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse issue in 12.1.1

I'm using Version 12.1.1 (12.1.1.26821) on Mac OS X 10.7.5. I bought Mass Effect yesterday through Steam, and I am seeing the mouse issue described in multiple posts below (can't pan across full width of screen).

I see that Mass Effect was rated Gold for Mac as of 12.0.0. The next-most-recent thread claims the bug was thought fixed but isn't as of mid-2012. What's the current status? Is there a known work-around for this issue?

From the changelog for Crossover 12

Mac OS X:

CrossOver now incorporates our experimental Mac Driver. With the

Mac Driver, Windows programs running under CrossOver no longer have
to use the X Window System to interact with the screen and keyboard.
This feature is currently experimental but will become the way all
CrossOver applications work on OS X in the future.

Try enabling the experimental driver. It should be under the "Advanced" tab in the bottle manager.

Thanks for the quick reply. That fix seems to be working well for me.

I didn't think to look in the release notes. I just bought Crossover late in version 11, and I didn't think the notes would mean much to me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclZMS05lcTRmbUxtVndXViIsImdkcHIiOjB9