Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse problem fix for Mass Effect on CX14 for Linux

Had the notorious mouse problem with a Steam Install of Mass Effect on Crossover Linux (Ubuntu 13.10--yes I know it's old) but found a fix that works for me, so it might work for some others:

Open Crossover window and select "Run Command" on the bottle in question.

Type in regedit to open the Registry Editor.

Go to HKEY_Current_User/Software/Wine/DirectInput

Look at MouseWarpOverride and write down somewhere or take a screenshot of the current setting (in case you need to change it back for another game/application that's running in the same bottle).

Now double-click on MouseWarpOverride and change the Value Data to read "disable"

Launch Mass Effect, or whatever. I find the mouse is working. It isn't trapped in the window, but if I set my resolution well, it's not much of a problem. Seems to be working well enough for now. Hope this helps someone. I'll post an update if something changes.

Thats wierd, because when you activate the Macdriver (normally set on at default) it should handle the mousemovement correct (360 degrees).....

Derp.

Sorry, in my enthusiasm, I managed to forget to mention mine is Crossover Linux. I updated my post to reflect that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. : )

With an updated Ubuntu this probably works better without this key. We need the X input extension version 2 (Xinput2) for relative mouse events. It's quite old by now, but I am not sure if Ubuntu 13.10 has it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSkFhTTJhWnhGcnlTenhwMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9