Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Won't Accept Letter Keys

I installed and the game seems to be working perfectly but I can't move.
The game accepts typing just fine on the character creation screen but in-game, none of the letters or numbers work. Enter will interact, I can navigate the menu with the mouse or with esc and the arrow keys but anything that involves alphanumeric characters isn't recognised. Even in the controls menu, pressing w or e isn't recognised when changing controls. I've tried with an external keyboard and no luck.
I have a USB controller that I could use but it doesn't recognise that either.
Running El Capitan on a MacBook Pro.

I've found that for some games this can happen, at least on Linux. What sometimes will work is alt-tabbing in and out of the application.

Is this behavior repeatable? have you tried exiting the program and trying again?

I'm afraid switching in and out or rebooting didn't help, it happens every time.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlNkYVpxaGdBOVBMbWJUSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9