Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bringing Down the Sky?

I haven't been able to get the DLC to install correctly.

Without getting into all the gory details about the different errors I seen (8.1.4 vs 9), I was just curious if anyone has been able to get the DLC installed. If so, what version of ME do you have (Steam vs retail vs ?), did you have to do any tricks or anything?

Hi,
I have both bring down the sky and pinnacle station, retail. They install fine for me. Are you on steam?

Yeah, I'm on Steam, but I got it to work just fine when I installed it in Windows.

The error is as follows:

Run the program, put in the BDtS key and click next.

Program hangs at "Validating license file," then CXG errors out saying "The program DatUpdater.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." and the installation fails.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicE5jRmViM25uR1FRM1U2WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9