Mass Effect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Do not know how to install

Hi. I am new to using CrossOver and Wine Bottles. I set up a new wine bottle to install Mass Effect. It installs fine until the end where it crashes after the directx installation. What do I do now?

I don't have any direct experience with Mass Effect. You can try telling CrossOver to install the DirectX runtime -- you'll find it listed under Runtime Support Components -- into the existing bottle using its built-in profile and know-how. Then, try the Mass Effect install again (into the same bottle).

If it's still failing, it may require some other runtime support component, and you can experiment to see if you can figure out which. The installation debug log may hold clues about what's missing.

Hey I installed direct x modern before i installed mass effect. Although the mouse isn't working in mass effect anyway. You will need a patch. I can't get mine working at the moment.

Edit:
Patch works now :). See how you go.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRmZzM2hTeUJCZXBVQ0ZGOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9