Max Payne 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Max Payne 2 - Crossover 7

I managed to get this game to work flawlessly on my Macbook using Crossover 7. The only problem that I came across was, when I tried to run the game it could not locate the CD in the CD Drive. I was definitely using the correct disk. I overcame this problem by patching the game with a No-CD patch I found by using Google. I don't understand why it could not find the disk after it had successfully installed the game from all 3 Disks without any problems. Anyway I have not found any problems and everything works and acts normal, even the sound works properly.

Many Thanks,
Glenn

Note. This was NOT the steam version, this was the version I bought on CD, the original game.

Hey, I'm trying the same thing. I have the physical copy on the game, but I just cant get it to play. I click the icon, but it says, "Please insert CD." Eventhough it is already in there.

Any help?

Hey, I really would like some help.

Please email me at blackie92@comcast.net

Please be patient when posting to the forums, it is unlikely to get a reply on an unsupported game within 4 hours, especially on a U.S. holiday.

Regarding your problem, I am afraid that the copy protection system does not work in CrossOver. Especially on Macs, the operating system does not allow SCSI passthrough, which many copy protection systems require. You may have to ask the game vendor for a patch to remove the copy protection.

Well I'm thinking I can get it to work if I can open this No-CD crack that I got, which is an .exe file, but Crossover wont open it. How can I open that file in Crossover? I've tried a lot.

It may be that I have a new version of the game, with just two CDs, maybe.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWZ0WlFhZHlxOXp0UWFCcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9