Max Payne 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need some help...physical disk possible at all??

Ok, is there any possible way to play MP2 with a physical copy of the game, rather than steam? That other said he played it with a No-CD patch, but I am absolutely confused. I got everything to work up to the point of going through Crossover Games, going to the Max Payne 2 folder, and clicking the icon and everything. But what happens is the icon comes up on the dock, than just goes away. If I try the Crossover icon, nothing happens at all.

I need help!!!!

Does any other program work in CrossOver Games?

The symptom you describe may indicate that the game is crashing, but it might also indicate that something is interfering with our helper application (the Dock icon that appears when you run a Windows program). If you have the Logitech Control Center software installed on your computer, please try upgrading it or uninstalling it. Until recently, that software interfered with CrossOver, preventing our helpers from working.

The same may apply for other system enhancers such as haxies or input managers.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1h1U3UzM210UzRabVJFWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9