Max Payne 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"MaxPayne2.exe has encountered a serious problem" !?

Hi,

I have tried to install several games (on my Intel Macbook) through Crossover Games without any success. The latest one was Max Payne 2 which is supposed to be compatible. I manage to go through the whole installation process, but when I'm trying to start the game I get this mesage: "MaxPayne2.exe has encountered a serious problem..."

What am I doing wrong, if anything?? I bought and downloaded Crossover yesterday, so it a bit frustrating that it doesn't seem to work.

I have also tried to install "Rise of Nations" and in that case it says that it can't run rise.exe.

I don't now if it matters, but all the .exe icons are look like the icons connected to "Unarchiver 2"

Thanks,
Mattias

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieWRudDgySDRYNGUzd2NIVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9