Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installs & launches fine but can't load levels! HELP! (fixed!)

Hello all,

I'm quite new to Crossover Games so I may not be familiar with everything. Anyway, I've installed Medal of Honor Allied Assault, AA Spearhead & AA Breakthrough using Crossover Games (Mac OS X).

The installation went smoothly & I followed the instructions by Paul. I can get to the menus but once I start loading a map, it crashes. It crashes immediately once the loading screen comes up. Same for multiplayer maps as well.

The strange thing is that AA Spearhead & AA Breakthrough works & plays right! Only Allied Assault has this problem. I've tried clearing & rebuilding the Programs Menu & trying everything from the start all over again but still the same results.

Anyone could help with this issue? Thanks.

probably its because the regfiles i added was not complete (not supported much characters at the moment). I will be back on you that tommorrow, probably easy to fix.

By the way, did you patch to 1.11? because 1.0 gives for me problems too. 1.11 works great for me.
Ow think if you patch to 1.11, als on the DRM (cd copy protection) too.

Yes, I've patched to 1.11. I can launch the game & the menus & all that are all fine & the way they should be but once I'm taken to the loading screen, I get the 'encountered a serious problem' error & it crashes. The 2 expansions work flawlessly though!

Ok:
Go to: programs --> run command --> select the medal of honor bottle --> type: regedit --> navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Opengl --> dubbleclick: "disabled extensions, and go to the end of the line -->
add this at the end (including the komma(","): ,GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,GL_SGIS_texture_lod,GL_SGIX_depth_texture,GL_SGIX_shadow,GL_SUN_slice_accum --> click ok, and close the register.

Let me know if it worked out.

I've tried & it doesn't work, unfortunately. Still the same problem with the loading. I seem to have already entered those lines you asked me to add inside the binary.

What system os you have and what graphics card. I have only tested Nvidia graphicscard because my system has.

Problem fixed, thanks to Paulthetall. The levels load normally now without crashes! Thanks.

What was the fix?

Paul Hunnisett wrote:

What was the fix?

Answered the guy via mail.

All working for me now too - thanks

Is it possible you could provide me with the fix too as I am having the same problem?

Thanks

This has now been fixed.

Thanks paulthetall.

I can't get AA nor Breakthrough to launch. I installed them with Crossover Games 9.01 and the c4p files. Updated AA to 1.11 and Breakthrough to 2.4. When I launch Breakthrough via the run command, I get a window from Crossover that stated Run Command Results with my directory and "returned 1"

Below that I get "Stdout:" and below that "Stderr".

I have the original Cds for both and entered the serial numbers from the jewelcases. I'm on an Imac with 3.06 Core 2 duo and 3 gigs of Ram running Snow Leopard 10.6.4

I am having this problem as well..... get to the menu, go to start a new game and can't go any further.

I know in this post others had a fix to this, it would be appreciated if I could find out what the fix was?

Thanks

All good now, all working and playing great!

Both Medal Of Honour Allied Assault and Spearhead...... http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca. Also had to apply the tip re the mouse issue.

Thanks guys, Awesome!

Trevor Hall wrote:

All good now, all working and playing great!

Both Medal Of Honour Allied Assault and Spearhead......
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca. Also had to apply the
tip re the mouse issue.

Thanks guys, Awesome!

Apologies for the edit!

1 to 17 of 17

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlZtNEpmckdXQ3NUQzhRNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9