Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install, launches & plays fine but shooting explosive barrels crashes game!

Installs, launches & plays fine in-game but immediately crashes as soon as an explosive barrel is shot or explodes. It crashes even before the explosion is seen. Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

Thats wierd, i played through all the training and beginning, no problems at all. What videocard do you have and what OS?

I use a MacBook (October 2009). Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Strange because MoHPA works well on Bootcamp!

Problem has been solved, thanks to Paul. Game works fine now.

What was the solution you found? I just installed the game in CG 9.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.5 with a Radeon 5870. I patched to version 1.2 and edited the config file to make the game run at 1680 x 1050. It ran fine through the intro (the only issue was the mouse when on the black screen with the continue button (even with the smoothing on). As soon as I started to fire the canon on the boat I got a windows crash and had to force quit CG - the force quit on the bottle alone didn't work.

M Wilson wrote:

What was the solution you found? I just installed the game in CG 9.2
on Mac OS X 10.6.5 with a Radeon 5870. I patched to version 1.2 and
edited the config file to make the game run at 1680 x 1050. It ran
fine through the intro (the only issue was the mouse when on the
black screen with the continue button (even with the smoothing on).
As soon as I started to fire the canon on the boat I got a windows
crash and had to force quit CG - the force quit on the bottle alone
didn't work.

You have to patch the game to version 1.1 there it runs great! You have to take care of the CD copyprotection again though.

Thanks Paul - I just found your video and reinstalled and just patched to 1.1.

It works well now with two exceptions:

1) the mouse doesn't work correct in the loading menus or pause screens (works fine in game though).

2) there are some graphical glitches - flickering textures in the training level and triangles coming out of the deck on some of the boats in Pearl harbour (they could make as much as a quarter of the screen grey at times) which made it difficult to tell what I was shooting at.

Thats wierd, i tested it, and it just works fine....Played the training and no problems there.....also not in the the game menu (anymore which did in version 1.0)....

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU3VyeVNlM05nR2hQRnc0eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9