MetaTrader 4 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Importing MT4 EAs

I am unable to locate any instructions with regard to downloading and installing pre-written Expert Advisors for use within the CrossOver environment. Is it possible, please?

I can't see where this may have been discussed before, but surely I'm not the first person to be looking for this information. Thanks.

Yes, and how do we import custom indicators? Glad to see the install works already, but without the custom indies, then mt4 loses a lot of interest.........

Ok, found it, go to bottle manager and ask it to show c:
you should find the path to eas and indies:)

Nice to see Metatrader 4 working after installing it!! But seems like Expert Advisers and Custom Indicators are not working. After dragging them on the chart nothing happens. In the Expertsjournal is written: "Can not open file C: .... .ex4 on the EURUSD H4". Normal Indicators seem to work fine. Any ideas on how to get EA´s working? thanks a lot

After importing my EA's, (which all work really well), I cannot seem to get the PLAYSOUND command to work in any of the EA's.

Does anyone have any ideas. The sound files are all in place.

Hi, i am new to this, both metatrader and cross over, i used to trade with dealbook from GFT, now i open an account with interbankfx and they provide a MT4 platform with many incredible EAs, but no one seems to work, everything in the platform is working but none of the EAs, they actually cant give support cause they just provide MT4 for microsoft, i seen some of you have the same problem, how did you solve it?, for example there is an EA called mini terminal and when i place it i just get a happy face on the right corner and nothing else, if any one could help me i would really appreciate!. Thanks!!
God Bless You

Carlos Pacheco

Hi everyone,

i have installed crossover and try to view MT4. The chart can be seen but it was impossible to log in. I got a message at the bottom right corner saying: not connected or at some occasion : invalid account.

I chat with the customer service personnel at Fxprimus, but they could log in to my account with the password provided. I would be please if someone can help me out. I have downloaded a trial version of crossover, i think its suppose to work. Thank you in advance.

is there any Crossover support in this regards? It seems that they are not interested to help traders using Mt4 on Macs. It can happen that we will go for another software supplier...

Is there a better provider out there other than crossover?

I noticed the mouse over information over candlestick can be incorrect. It doesn't seem to be updated when u mouse over different candlestick. This is quite critical.

I find absolutely everything working fine, including my EAs after I installed the MS C++ 6.0 Redistributable - except for one thing: It fails to load my history files. I go to Tools/Import, select a currency and a .txt file as I do on my Windows computers but nothing happens! Anyone got any ideas???

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ0ZNYlo4R2RQc0ZhS25LUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9