MetaTrader 4 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover needs the mfc42.dll, available for download

Hello,
I have just been able to run MT4 from Crossover Linux professional 7.0.2, once I have obtained the mfc42.dll file from http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc60pro/update/1/w9xnt4/en-us/vc6redistsetup_enu.exe .
I was able to do this by installing wine, then downloading the 'winetricks' shell script as "winetricks mfc42". After that I had to copy the mfc42.dll file from ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 to the appropriate bottle in crossover, where MT4 is installed.
Is there any way of automating this within crossover?
Thanks,
Ravi

Go to install software. At the screen where you pick the software package, check "Show service packs and dependencies". Install "MFC Libraries for ActiveX". Enjoy!

(On a Mac, you need to go to CrossOver's preferences, the Installer Assistant tab, and uncheck "Hide service packs and dependencies". This setting takes immediate effect in the Install Software window, so you don't need to close windows before making this change.)

Ken Thomases wrote:

Go to install software. At the screen where you pick the software
package, check "Show service packs and dependencies". Install "MFC
Libraries for ActiveX". Enjoy!

(On a Mac, you need to go to CrossOver's preferences, the Installer
Assistant tab, and uncheck "Hide service packs and dependencies".
This setting takes immediate effect in the Install Software window,
so you don't need to close windows before making this change.)

I ordered and installed the earlier version of crossover to install MT4 from Metaquotes.com, which I saw listed as a supported application. But as I was unable to make it work, I just gave up and continued to use one of my old PCs for this application. But of course I would much prefer to run it on my Intel based Macintosh.

Now I see there is a new release, ver. 8.0, and I would like to try this again. I would like to download the new version to try this (the only PC application I ever use) but I can't see how to do this. If necessary I will this product again to get the new version, but I think this should not be necessary. But if I do so, is the PRO version exactly the same code as the standard, but with better support only, or is the code somehow better in the Pro over the Standard. Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif. cfw123@gmail.com

Pro and Standard should support the same Windows programs to the same degree. They differ in support and also in some of the management features they support.

You can download a demo of CrossOver using the Try Now button on the relevant product page. From the front page of our site, just click on the version of CrossOver in which you're interested, then Try Now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVdFWmdlYVdUVDR0Nlg3USIsImdkcHIiOjB9