MetaTrader 4 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Meta Trader

I installed meta trader in it's own winxp bottle with CXOffice 6.0.1

The program needs mfc40.dll and mcf42.dll to start after installation, on the pc im testing on I run dual boot so I copied these from the windows drive over to /windows/system32 under the bottle directory.

The program seems to work fine for trading/charting, backtesting of Expert traders works for me, I see others have had issues with this.

If you use the Meta Trader script editor - MetaEditor it crashes as soon as you load a file, I have a feeling this is because of another missing dll file and will work on finding which one is required later.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlBVYnZaN3lNdXhlWlhQeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9