Microsoft Access 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Another possible workaround (couldn't post in related thread).

I was getting a C++ runtime error R6034. Microsoft's documentation indicated it was due to loading runtime files without a manifest, blah, blah, blah. The real problem was that two conflicting dll's were being loaded. They are: msvcr80.dll and msvcr80d.dll with msvcr80(no d) being the offender. I was able to get around this by changing the dll load order in Manage Bottles>Control Panel>Wine Configuration from native/builtin to builtin/native. This alone changed the load behavior from the error code mentioned to hanging up for Access, and at the same time Excel threw a No OPL error message. I then disabled the NPOFF12.DLL plugin under Manage Bottles>Control Panel>Plugins and voila both Excel and Access ran without errors. I have not used them extensively, but to this point, there does not appear to be a "domino effect", but there may well be under different usage. Thought I would post and let others try with different usages, etc.

I am running Ubuntu 11.04 with only Access, Excel and the other default support installs in a bottle.

Yep, I can confirm this seems to work. Allowed me to open and edit my MS Access files.

The tips seems also works on CrossOver 10.1 for MacOS X.
Thank you.

It works!!!

hi could you explain to me exactly how i change to builtin/native?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibll1Zk5WbmFuZHFjRXVIViIsImdkcHIiOjB9