Microsoft Excel 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"solved" Excel 2007 - "not enough memory" => crash => unusable

Hi there.

I am using CrossOver Linux Professional 8.0.0. I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Pro (German) using CrossOver. All except Excel seems to work well.
For Excel i encouter this issue, too:
Ticket 748569 - Excel 2007 starts with "Not enough memory" und crash

Since "2009-07-06 14:04" no reaction from the one who opened the ticket:

Can you open a terminal and run:

~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

or

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

=>

[MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few applications need this."

[MissingLibGnutls]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgnutls.so.26 library"
"Description"="This is needed by applications that perform encryption or check online certificates."

[MissingLibGphoto2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2.so.2 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This is needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibJack]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libjack-0.100.0.so.0 library"
"Description"="This is needed if you want the Windows applications to send sound to a Jack sound server. If you already have Alsa or OSS, then you will not need it."

[MissingLibLdap_r]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libldap_r.so.2 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access LDAP servers."

[MissingLibSane]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libsane.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access scanners."

These libs are missing because I am running a 64bit Linux (I guess). But at least the Descriptions seem to be unrelated to this problem(?).

And, can you try restarting your system and then opening Excel 2007 to see if
you get the same results?

=> Yes, same result.

Did anyone manage to solve this issue or at least has the same issue, too? Or is there some considerable progress on CodeWeavers side?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

EDIT:
I found a workaround. I deleted the bottle and reinstalled. This time I clicked "Anpassen" (shows the list of Office Components to be installed - you can modify the list there). Sry, no idea what the exact label of this button would be in English. Maybe Customize or something like that. Under "Gemeinsam genutzet Office Features" (maybe Common/Shared Office Features - it is the first "folder" at the top of this treeview) I disabled VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). If you do so you have to deselect the whole MS Access Application, too. Because Access depends on VBA. As i do not need it this wasn't a problem for me... After the installation Excel works (without VBA support, which isn't really supported by cxoffice anyway, right?).

I had the ssame problems. I fixed it by renaming EUROTOOL.XLAM. That's the macro what causes the crash. After starting Excel after renaming it, Excel will ask if you want to reinstall it and then you answer NO. Just exit en start Excel againg and it will all go fine.

Thanks a lot for the tip regarding EUROTOOL, worked like a charm!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicll2UXRWNlI1YXVjNHhDOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9