Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Office 2003 and Wine

Personal computer with an Intel Pentium 233-MHz or faster processor but a 450-MHz or faster processor is recommended, also 128 MB of RAM but 256 MB of RAM is recommended. The installation takes up a minimum of 400MB of Hard Drive space. The biggest downfall of the current Wine Project is that it is based on the Windows 9X platform. Microsoft quit supporting the 9X platform and every new software package after 2000 will require Microsoft Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later.
With the 2.1 version of CrossOver Office I currently own (Emulating Windows 98) I will not be able to continue testing. If I obtain a copy of the 3.X CrossOver Office I may be able to turn this product into a useable Office Suite.

-Jason

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzR3TjY2R3ZQVlFwOEw0WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9