Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

German installation with LOTS of bugs...

Hi!

I tried the installation of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional and the results were horrible:

1. I used the same advanced installation options that I always use. (no support for asian languages, Minky as the avatar, and lots of other stuff.)
    After the installation the default language was set to English instead of German. I tried to change that, restarted Word but it switched back to English. I tried to safe the default language inside a normal.dot but it did not work. Even when I select German as default and delete everything in the actual document the language automatically switches back to english.
    Even the Spell-check changes the language back to english.

2. I have to use an extension called "MathType". Some kind of Tex for Office. I need it to integrate complicated formulas in Word documents. I can install Mathtype but Word reports a problem with the macro security permissions. These are set to normal which is fine for mathtype on any windows system. I even tried to set the security level for macros to the minimum level but it did not help. Mathtype does not work.

3. Minky is not available - well, NO avatar is available.

4. In the "options" there are tabs even for the asian languages that should not have been installed. This is different to any installation I ever made. The advanced setup options have been ignored completely!

.... There is a lot of work to do before I can use Office...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTFdoeWczTVJtRTNBM3d1RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9