Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"installation source corrupted" error
Anonymous

Hey folks,

I'm a happy 4.2 user trying out the 5.0 demo to see how it's working. So far I've been very happy with the improvements (IE/ActiveX CRM my company uses seems to work perfectly now, a couple issues were fixed), but I'm running into a problem installing Office 2003 off the central server. I'm prompted for a key for one, which doesn't happen when installing it in Windows. Just after putting in the key, I get an error popup "Microsoft Office Setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted". It dies at that point. The same location installs fine in Windows so I know the installation files are fine.

Any ideas? I haven't yet tried copying the entire installation tree to my HD to try it, it's on a mounted samba share.

Thanks!
Scott

Anonymous

Yea I get the same problem. Funny thing is you mentioning the files being located on a samba share. I'm busy copying them to local fs and see how that works out.

Will let you know.

Anonymous

Hi,
I am having the same problem with Office 2003. I have a couple of original cds with the application and I cannot get around it.
I wanted to ask whether you have found a solution for it.
I would be grateful if you could send me your reply at kafedzhiev@gmx.de.
Thanks a lot again and sorry if I have disturbed.
Regards,
Miroslav Kafedzhiev

Anonymous

Hi all,

has there been any resolution? I am having the same problem with CrossOver 5.0 and Ofiice 2003 Professional on Red Hat Enterprise 4.0.

Regards,

Mark Strohmeier

Mark,

I am currently having some issues getting things working in SUSE 10, but it worked fine for me in Fedora Core 4, which shouldn't be too different from RHEL4. I'd suggest filing a ticket, since most responses here are from advocates and other customers, not CodeWeavers staff.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVh1S0w3Zmc0Q3pGUk5UTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9