Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cant install
Anonymous

downloaded the office 2003 trial. keep getting this error and it wont install.

error ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE

Anonymous

aww everyone else gets a anser but me, i saved up for months to get office 2003 and i dont want to buy it till i know its working.

I don't have the trial version and I'm not at my computer with CrossOver installed, but Office 2003 installed for me fine on both Fedora Core 4 and SUSE 10 (different partitions on the same machine). Can you describe your configuration more?

Anonymous

suse 10.0, amd semprom oc, 1.25 GB DDR, gnome desktop defalt install with suse 10.0 + engage. crossover 5. office 2003 trial sp1 and full sp1. look above for the full error.

I had uninstalled Office 2003 when I was trying some other things, but I will try to install again to see if I have problems. I am also running suse 10.0, so the only things I can think of are that I'm not using SP1 (just plain Office 2003 to my knowledge), and I copied all the install files from CD to the hard drive and installed from the setup.exe file on my local partition. This was because I was testing several installs when CrossOver 5 was in beta testing, not to avoid anything. I installed in KDE also, so I'll try doing the whole thing in GNOME when I get a chance.

What is engage (when you say suse 10.0 + engage)?

Ironically enough I appear to have broken CrossOver by trying to install Office 2003 this time. That hasn't happened before, but in all prior cases it was the first thing I tried to install. This time it was after installing iTunes, IE, Windows Media Player, Photoshop 7 and mIRC. They weren't all in the same bottle, but something's very wrong now and the Configuration screen gives me Tcl/Tk error messages in popup windows every time I try to do something. I plan to install Fedora Core 5 Test 1 if/when it's released later this week on a different partition, so I might try again there first before trying to fix SUSE 10. Ever since I installed the KDE 3.5rc1 RPMs SUSE put on kde.org, things have gotten pretty unstable and weird - including GTK apps and things that I don't think relate to KDE.

i had a problem where it would just crash at setup i made a new clean win2000 bottle and it worked perfectly

Anonymous

I was having the same problems installing Office 2003 where the installer kept crashing. I followed the advice to create a new win2000 bottle, and everything installed and is working great!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUXhGQ3NUM3dKUmdCY2RjdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9